Saskatchewan Immigration Consultants
Saskatchewan is one of the Prairie provinces of Western Canada. Its economy is primarily based on agriculture and important natural resources such as forestry and fishing. It boasts of two major cities, Saskatoon and Regina, as well as the vast expanse of the ancient forest.
Through Saskatchewan Immigrant Nominee Program (SINP), prospective immigrants with the skills and experience targeted by the province may receive a Saskatchewan provincial nomination certificate, after which they can apply for Canadian permanent residence with Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).
The Saskatchewan Immigrant Nominee Program (SINP) allows the province to nominate candidates to the federal government for permanent residence under four main categories:
- International Skilled Worker Category is for skilled workers abroad who want to work and live in Saskatchewan.
- Saskatchewan Experience Category is for foreign nationals who are currently living and working in Saskatchewan.
- Entrepreneur Category is for entrepreneurs who plan to start a business in Saskatchewan.
- Farm Category is for experienced farmers who plan to buy and operate a farm in Saskatchewan.
A. International Skilled Worker Category
This category accepts applications from skilled workers who plan to live and work in the Province of Saskatchewan. Applicants are measured based on a points system and can be nominated under one of three sub-categories.
- International Skilled Worker: Employment Offer-:
- International Skilled Worker: Occupation-In-Demand Sub-Category
- International Skilled Worker: Saskatchewan Express Entry
B. Saskatchewan Experience Category
This category is for foreign workers who currently working and living in Saskatchewan on a valid work permit and want to apply for permanent residence through the Saskatchewan Immigrant Nominated Program (SINP). If you have been employed in Saskatchewan for at least six months, have a family member living in the province, or if you have graduated from a post-secondary educational institution in Saskatchewan this category may be ideal for you.
The Saskatchewan Experience Category accepts applications under the following sub-categories:
- Existing Work Permit-
- Health Professionals-
- Hospitality Sector Project
- Long-Haul Truck Driver
C. Saskatchewan Experience Category
This sub-category is for individuals who wish to invest management talent and capital into a Saskatchewan business. The category offers foreign nationals and their families the opportunity to acquire or establish a business in the province and actively operate it. Candidates are expected to take an active management role in the business. This sub-category functions on an Expression of Interest model so to be eligible for applying under this stream, you must submit an Expression of Interest submission to the SINP. If you are invited to apply you must submit a Business Establishment Plan (BEP) that corresponds to the information in your EOI . Once an applicant satisfies the conditions of the Business Performance Agreement, they can apply to be nominated by the SINP for permanent residency.
D. Farm Category
1.The SINP Farm Owner stream is for people with farming experience who wish to invest in purchasing and operating a farming operation in Saskatchewan. This category is designed to attract potential immigrants with proven experience in farming, considerable capital to invest in a farming operation, and a genuine intention to reside in the province of Saskatchewan. Under this category, applicants are required to make an exploratory visit to Saskatchewan prior to submitting an application to the SINP.
It also includes a stream aimed at young farmers wishing to establish in the province.
Successful candidates are issued permanent residence directly. Certain candidates can enter Saskatchewan on a temporary work permit while their PR application is being processed.
The Farm Owners/Operators Stream Requirements –
- Net worth of $500,000 is required.
- Deposit of $75,000 with the province is required which is refundable on fulfilling the conditions of a performance agreement with the province.
- Exploratory visit to Saskatchewan prior to the application;
- Documented farm operation knowledge and experience that demonstrates you’re an experienced farm operator.
- Practical, well-thought-of proposal for a commercial Saskatchewan farming opportunity.
2.The Young Farmer Stream
The Saskenchewan Young Farmer Stream enables young farmers and their families to set themselves up in Saskatchewan’s rural areas, where they can do an agricultural work. This category was created to allow young farm families to establish their lives and farming operations in rural areas of Saskatchewan
Requirements for the Young Farmer Stream-.
· Minimum net worth of $300,000 is required.
· Applicant must be under the age of 40 at the time of application.
· Minimum of 3 years’ experience in farm ownership, management or practical farming required.
· Make a viable proposal for a commercial farming opportunity in Saskatchewan with a reasonable expectation of profit;
· Have other marketable skills that will supplement a farming income.
· Conduct an exploratory visit prior to the application.